SAP S-User Lifetime Information & Expiry
SAP S-User Lifetime Process for all S-User IDs
SAP has introduced a S-user lifetime process for all S-user IDs. This is to help protect your sensitive company information and ensure GDPR compliance, SAP is assisting customers and partners in their responsibility of user administration by assigning an expiry date to all S-users.
You may have received an email notification from SAP warning of S-user IDs expiring. If you received this message, you are the super-administrator of your SAP account and will need to update the expiry date for the expiring S-Users. Existing S-Users who are not administrators or security administrators expiry dates are set to expire on 10/22/2020.
NOTE: This does not affect you SAP License. It is only related to access to the SAP Portal.
Here is an SAP Note that explains how to extend the S-User Lifetime date: (SAP Note 2930885 – Howe to extend S-User Lifetime date.pdf).
S-User Lifetime Overview
- Customer and partner S-users will get a 24 months lifetime when created (excludes: Super, Cloud and User Admins, Partner Security Managers, and Technical Communication users).
- After 24 months, administrators will need to extend the S–user ID lifetime, or it will expire
- S–user ID administrators and users will receive several email notifications before the expiry date
- Once expired, the user will not be able to log in; the administrator can extend the lifetime and the ID will become active again
- The default extension is set to 24 months, but the administrator may customize the extension anywhere from 1 day to 60 months
- After an S–user ID has been expired for 90 days, it will be automatically deleted
If you need to update your super-administrator, you will need to contact the Customer Interaction Center (CIC) team at email@example.com. The CIC team will require the information:
- Reason for new super admin
- Point who is to be the new admin
- If person already has an S-User, specify it
- Otherwise, inform full name, phone number, and e-mail address
- Request must come from someone with an e-mail address under company’s domain
- You can also request it via chat with CIC or via incident (component XX-SER-SAPSMP-USR).
SAP S-User Lifetime Information Resources
If you have any questions, concerns, or need assistance, please feel free to contact us at: Info@PioneerB1.com or utilize any of the resources our experts have gathered below!