SAP Business One Feature Spotlight: Approval Procedure
SAP Business One includes a user-friendly approval procedure feature that can be extensively customized to cover all your approval scenario needs. Set purchase order limits, alerts, and more from your desktop, mobile app, and anywhere you use SAP Business One. To give you an example of this feature in use: imagine your business wants to implement a process that requires Purchase Orders above $5,000 to obtain approval from your lower-level purchasing manager and then your executive purchasing director before processing the PO. Business One provides this functionality via approval procedures. Below you’ll find a helpful user guide for how you can set up approval procedures for your company and start to use this feature to grow your business! The process is as follows:
- The person who enters the document into SAP B1 is known as the “originator” of the document.
- When the originator adds a document to the system, the system will verify if there are any approval procedures in place with conditions that meet the details of the document.
- If the document meets the conditions for approval, the originator of the document will receive a pop-up indicating that the document is required to go through an approval process before it can be fully-added to the system.
- SAP B1 saves the document as a draft. This allows the document originator to continue working on inputting other documents as they await approval for the original document.
- Once the original document has been approved, the originator will receive a notification that their document was approved; they are able to finalize the addition of the document at this point.