Biz.One – ASUG Summary and Insights
As we look back to reflect on the recent Biz.ONE conference in Orange County, there’s many things to feel optimistic about. Some good times were had, but more importantly, a lot of knowledge and networking connections was gained from it. This year’s content was excellent! 75% of this year’s agenda was led by customers with many tips and tricks and lesson learned sessions, it was ASUG at its best. Pioneer was in attendance, and here are some of the takeaways we found resourceful:
- New solutions/ add-ons worth looking at:
- Achieve IT – Achieve IT continue to innovate and provide value to companies that need extensive warehouse management capabilities. with their Resolv add-on. Read more here: http://www.achieveits.com/resolv
- Enterpryze – This company developed a suite of apps, an extension of SAP to provide users affordable and easy to use web apps in multiple areas: Sales, Service, Expenses, Finance, Purchase, proof of Delivery and CRM. However this is not an add-on, it’s an extension of SAP and is only offered in 9.95/user/month (users will also need an SAP indirect license). Read more here: https://enterpryze.com/for-business-one/
- K-Ecommerce – A full eCommerce platform supports the ability to sell on-line for B2B as well as B2C. Read more here: http://www.k-ecommerce.com/sap-business-one
- Reporting/ Analytics:
- Power BI – Microsoft business intelligent tool offers free as well as a paid addition. Easy to use tool that can connect with SQL and HANA databases as well as other platforms. Read more here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/
- SAP Lumira – SAP’s BI tool offers similar capabilities of power BI. Read more here: https://www.sap.com/products/lumira.html
- HANA – In memory integrated BI platform available for SAP Business One clients. Recommended for new SAP clients who use SAP out-of-the-box or utilizing supported add-ons. An upgrade from SQL to HANA for existing SAP customers is available, although it requires quite an effort, and converting some of the reports and queries built-in SQL.
- Connection to Excel – Utilizing out-of-the-box excel feature to connect directly to the database and create pivot and drill-down reports with no additional software costs.
- SAP version 9.3 is now available for early adopters. 9.3 version has just been released and is currently in ramp-up. We do not recommend clients to upgrade until patch level 4, and until we make sure the version is stable. Idit Sagey, SAP local product expert, presented all the new features of this version and we included the main features of this release below. Full feature list and what’s new is available here: http://sap-business-one.us/sap-business-one-9-3-new-features/
- RMA – Return Material Authorization – New objects have been developed to support RMA processes. You can now create an RMA based on the original sale and track the RMA process from A to Z.
- Production Enhancements – Additional features and functionality were added to production including routing.
- Project Management – Enhancements to the project management functionality, including the ability to invoice from the project, based on milestones as well as Gaunt chart presentation.
- Future Roadmap – Following 9.3 version there will be 10.0 (2019) and 10.1 (2020). 9.3 patches will additionally focus on functionality, and the SAP hosted/ cloud, 10.0 and 10.1 will focus completely on the redesigned client interface, thin client and SAP cloud.
- Tips and Tricks – Within the last few years, we have presented our tips and tricks sessions at the ASUG events. This most recent session presented a handful of tips and tricks sessions in multiple areas: Finance, Sales, Inventory, Usability and more. We are proud to have one of our customers, Cristina Ramirez at Gaumard Scientific do an excellent job presenting two of the sessions.
- Our Customers Attended the Event:
- Gaumard Scientific
- Port Blakely
- Goorin Brothers
- Vision Engraving Systems
- SAP Education Available for Clients:
- Learning Hub (9.2 and above)
- SAP Academy (9.1 and below)
- Customer Portal & Blogs
- ASUG One Source (NEW!!) – https://www.asug.com/business-one
- Biz One Annual Event
- Partner – Pioneer B1 team!
Biz.ONE 2017 Conference Recap | Anaheim, CA
You can also view the Biz.One Official Recap HERE.
Ready to become a Pioneer?
Contact Us Today
Fill out the form and our team will be in touch with you promptly. Thank you for your interest!
7556 E Camelback Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251